(i) to support tutee learning
(ii) To monitor and report on tutee attainment progress
(iii) To assess the quality of our services
(iv) To keep children safe. For example food allergies, or emergency contact details.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the lawful basis we reply on for processing tutee information are for the purposes outlined above in accordance with the legal basis of parental consent and because of the contact for the provision of services to the tutee.
Effective date: 25st May 2018. Updated August 2020
1. Scope This Privacy Notice sets out how we process your personal data. This Privacy Notice applies to your use of: Tutor with Confidence (TWC) “we”, “our”, “us” and “TCW” collectively refer to TWC, registered number 10061648, office at 27 Downesway, Alderley Edge, Cheshire SK9 7XB
The Privacy Notice is delivered pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
TWC is responsible for ensuring that
(i) you are provided with accurate information on the collection and processing of your personal data;
(ii) your personal data is not processed unlawfully;
(iii) your personal data is securely protected; and
(iv) you may access your personal data.
The Privacy Notice intends to provide you with information regarding the privacy policies and practices that TWC us to process your data and the rights you are entitled to. About this Privacy Notice This Privacy Notice sets out:
• What personal data we collect about you, including sensitive data
• How we obtain your personal data, including sensitive data
• How we use your personal data, including sensitive data
• How we protect your personal data, including sensitive data
• Who we share your personal data with, including sensitive data
• Where your personal including sensitive data
• How you can access your personal data, including sensitive data
• Opting out of communication • Personal information from children
• Links to other sites
• Status of this Privacy Notice and updates
• Privacy Questions
2. What personal data we collect about you, including sensitive data
• Your name
• Your contact email and address
• Your phone number
• Educational needs
• Attendance including sessions attended, number of sessions attended, number of absences, absence reasons.
• Assessment and attainment
• Descriptions of your business which may include your personal details such as your name, and business address.
TWC will not intentionally collect or maintain, and do not want you to provide any information regarding ethnic origin, political opinions religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, data concerning your health, data concerning your sex life and sexual orientation and biometric data.
3. How we obtain your personal data, including sensitive data Your information is collected from information provided to us directly from you, your child and the Tutor.
4. How we use your personal data, including sensitive data We use the data provided by you to:
• maintain and develop our relationship with you;
• communicate with you regarding updates and progress
• We may transfer your data to our third-party affiliates that directly maintain our mailing lists .
5. How we protect your personal data, including sensitive data TWC has defined security and privacy controls to protect your data and to comply with applicable data protection law. TWC ensures that all our personal, infrastructure and strategic systems comply with high-standard, business grade specifications. Despite the security measures employed by TWC, you should be aware that it is impossible to guarantee absolute security with respect to information sent through the Internet.
6. Who we share or disclose your personal data with, including sensitive data Your personal data maybe routinely shared between other tutors working directly for TWC in order to support your child’s educational needs. We do not share information about tutees with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. Your personal data will only be shared with third parties in accordance with this Privacy Notice and to the extent permitted by applicable law. TWC may share your personal data and information with service providers we work with which process information on our behalf, and host our IT servers. These companies—our vendors—are contractually bound to use your personal data that we share with them with the sole purpose of performing the services we have engaged them to provide. Data collected is stored on a database located within the EU/UK.
7. Transfer of data outside EEA All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your information. We do not store your information on third party data centres located outside the EEA
8. How you can access your personal data, including sensitive data Under data protection laws, you have a right to: • request a copy of your information;
• ask us to make any changes to ensure that it is accurate and up to date;
• ask that we delete your information if we do not have a good cause to retain it; or
• Otherwise object to the way in which we use your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions about our use of your information, please email us at email@example.com You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other appropriate regulatory authority in relation to your information held by us, and how we use it (contact details can be found herehttps://ico.org.uk/).
9. Opting out of communication You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information for future marketing mailings or other non-essential purposes, at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Personal information from children We do collect personal information from children for the purposes outlined above.
11. Links to other sites Our website tutorwithconfidence.co.uk may, from time to time, have links to third-party sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy policies as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Use of such third-party websites may be subject to a third party’s terms and conditions and is at your own risk. TWC does not control these third-party websites and shall have no responsibility in connection with any access or use by you of these sites.
12. Status of Privacy Notice and Updates This Privacy Notice is non-contractual. We reserve the right to amend it from time to time. Amendments will be posted to the Website and, where appropriate, through e-mail notification. Unless otherwise specified all such changes will take effect immediately upon posting to the website. For the avoidance of doubt, no change to the Privacy Notice will change the content of your consent that you may have granted.
13. Privacy Questions If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact: email@example.com
Copyright © 2020 TwithC Ltd - All Rights Reserved. Tutor With Confidence is a registered trade mark UK00003446585
TwithC Ltd incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10061648